Happy birthday to you,
happy birthday to you,
happy birthday dear [WHOEVER], happy birthday to you!
Prep Time: 50 minutes
Bake Time: 11 minutes/batch
Yield: 24 cookies
2 1/4 C unbleached, all purpose flour
1t Kosher salt
1t baking soda
1 C packed light brown sugar
1/2 C sugar
1/2 C unsalted butter (room temperature)
1/2 C shortening (room temperature)
8oz whipped cream cheese (room temperature)
1t almond extract
8oz Wilton Bright White Candy Melts Candy, vanilla flavor, chopped
4oz colored sprinkles (1T for batter, the remainder for cookie tops)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda in a medium sized bowl; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, shortening, whipped cream cheese, sugars and almond extract; beat until creamy.
- Add eggs to creamy mixture and continue beating until incorporated.
- Gradually add dry ingredients into creamy mixture until well mixed and cookie dough forms.
- Fold in chopped Candy Melts Candy and 1T of colored sprinkles.
- Cover dough with a damp cloth and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- While the dough is chilling, pour the remaining colored sprinkles onto a plate; set aside.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- When dough has chilled, spoon out 1T of dough for each cookie and gently form into round(ish) balls.
- Dip each cookie ball tip in the plated colored sprinkles and place onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Let cookies cool on cookie sheet on a flat surface for 5 minutes and then transfer to cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Sing Happy Birthday, and enjoy!