Children are often spoiled because no one will spank Grandma.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 12 standard size muffins
1/4 C shortening
1 C sugar
1 C mashed bananas (usually 2 bananas)
1 1/2 C flour
1 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1 t vanilla extract
Preface: I enjoy these plain the most because the muffin top has a simple and heavenly crispiness when baked, but I have added the below on occasion and they have turned out just as delicious.
8oz chocolate chips
8oz peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Prepare muffin tin by lining with paper muffin/cupcake cups or by greasing and flouring lightly. *Paper cups recommended! They're cute and fool proof.
- Mash bananas in small bowl.
- Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda together in medium bowl.
- Beat shortening, sugar, vanilla extract and egg in large bowl until creamy.
- Add sifted dry ingredients to creamy mixture alternately with mashed bananas (i.e. add a bit of dry, mix, add a bit of banana, mix) until well incorporated.
- Spoon batter equally into muffin tin, leaving 1/4" of room at the top of each muffin hole.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Enjoy while still warm. You'll be glad you did... I promise!