It's like... healthy cake.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Bake Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 1 9x13" cake
1 C Quick Quaker Oats (not instant)
1 3/4 C water
1 C sugar
1 C brown sugar, lightly packed
1/2 C margarine
2 large eggs
1 3/4 C all-purpose flour
1 t baking soda
1/2 t kosher salt
1 T cocoa powder
12 oz semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 C pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Boil water.
- Place oats into a large bowl and pour the hot water over the oats; let stand for 10 minutes; while you wait for the oats to cook, grease and flour a 9x13" cake pan.
- Stir sugar, brown sugar and margarine into the oatmeal; then, add beat in eggs.
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder.
- Gradually mix the sifted dry ingredients into the oatmeal and the mix in 6oz of semisweet chocolate chips (the other 6oz will go on top of the cake).
- Pour batter into the greased and floured cake pan.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining 6oz of chocolate chips with the chopped pecans and spread mixture evenly on top of cake.
- Bake for 40 minutes.